When you want to temporarily disable one or more variant(s) of a product, you can change it 'variant publishing status'.
- when you have variants of a product that are tailored for specific dates, and you want to disable variant that is obsolete
- when you have different colour variants, say a red version, and you want to enable it only during Christmas
Who can do that?
- Seller with right to create / update the product
- User with rights to create / update the product
- Admin user
How to disable a variant?
- go the 'parent' product
- scroll to the variant section
- click button ''variant publishing status'
- change variant(s) from enabled to disable
- Click 'Save'
- The status is changed to 'disabled', with leading dot changes from green to grey